When you are looking to add shade to Gold Coast home or businesses outdoor area you have a number of options available to you.
Umbrellas vs. shade sails
We will look at the key features and functions of both a shade sail and an umbrella and see which is best.
- A shade sail is anchored into one position and held in place with bolts on a pole, home or fence, this can be great for keeping it secure, but as the sun moves so does the area that is shaded.
- There are a few options for your umbrella but a free-standing pole with an umbrella that can tilt and rotate means that you can control what area to shade depending on the position of the sun in the sky.
- A shade sail is usually a permanent fixture, whilst they can be taken down it does require some effort.
- An umbrella can be taken up and down with ease.
- Shade sails can be huge structures that can cover vast areas. Anthony’s Shade Sails are waterproof, so you can cover and protect a large are from the elements.
- Umbrellas can cover quite a large area, but they are not scalable.
The difference between shade sails and umbrellas
Both shade sails and umbrellas can provide some much-needed refuge from the harsh Australian climate, however depending on your situation one can be a more suitable option over the other.
At Anthony’s Shade Sails we work in consultation with you to ensure you get the best solution to your shading needs. Call 07 5527 3368 on the Gold Coast to discuss whether an umbrella or shade sail would be suitable for your purpose.