Making your own Christmas presents can be a great way to save money, but it’s also a great way to give a unique and personal gift to someone you care about. Even if you don’t think of yourself as creative, these are some ideas that you can do and be proud of.
- If you love cooking, consider a practical gift like jam, marmalade, relish, chocolates, or biscuits.
- Hand painted mugs. Personalise a plain mug, glass, or cup using nail polish as paint. No two will be the same!
- Plain coasters can also be painted and decorated using nail polish.
- Create an instant cake mix or dessert mix by layering all the dry ingredients in a glass jar. Write your instructions on a sticker and attach it to the jar.
- Soap is relatively easy to make and can usually be purchased as a kit. Everyone needs soap! If you’re handy with a crochet hook or knitting needles, you could include a hand towel or face washer.
If you’re really challenged or don’t have time to get crafty, you can create your own themed gift basket. Here’s some ideas:
- Gifts for coffee lovers. A variety of coffee beans, gourmet chocolates, mince pies.
- Gifts for foodies. Gourmet olive oils, relish, honey, nuts, crackers.
- Gifts for movie lovers. Popcorn (different flavours and varieties), movie gift card.
Merry Christmas from the team at Anthony’s Shade Sails
It’s not too late to have an outdoor summer protected from the sun with a custom shade sail. Give us a call and we’ll be happy to give you a free quote and discuss options with you. We can custom make Residential Shade Sails and Commercial Shade Sails.